Want a better price on your flood insurance policy?
Get a Quote →
flood insurance policy in Connecticut
Flood isn’t like any other insurance product and the flood insurance marketplace is going through some drastic changes.
- Many agents and flood insurance providers aren’t keeping up with the changes.
- Many don’t know the flood prone areas in Stratford, Milford and the communities throughout Connecticut.
We are on top of the changes and can often get you a better price on your flood insurance policy.
Want to pay less on flood insurance? That’s almost a certainty if:
- Your property is in a high-risk flood zone,
- Your current policy is with the National Flood Insurance Program or purchased for you by your bank, and
- There are no prior flood claims on the property.
But you have to contact us to do it! 203-377-4394 or fill out the form on this page.
Grab your policy or bill and call us.
We’re seeing 20 to 25% savings on average. If you’re paying $5000 annually on your flood that’s $1000. One customer recently saved over $2400!
How can we do that?
Let me explain.
Private insurers have entered the market recently and are now competing with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) which is run by the federal government. That used to be the only game in town, but the NFIP has been raising prices significantly over recent years. It has also been in need of long-term reform which hasn’t happened and isn’t likely to in the forseeable future. Instead, it keeps receiving a series of temporary extensions.
Already, the private marketplace has gathered a 22% market share from the NFIP, almost all in the past 3 years.
The National Flood Insurance Program was due to expire on July 31st but it received – yep – a temporary extension through Nov. 1st..
Sister Theresa Tremblay
Daughters of Charity – Bridgeport, CT